12-week Session: Level 1
Learn refined leatherworking today. Attending a 12-week session is the most economical way to complete Amblard Leather Atelier's year program.
Classes meet 1-day a week for 12 consecutive weeks from 10 A.M. until 6 P.M. with break from 1 P.M. to 2 P.M. for lunch.
Not available during the week. Click here to learn about our Saturday Class.
4/30/2020: Due to San Francisco social distancing protocols:
- We are only able to have 5 students per day to comply with the 6ft. social distance rule.
- All students must wear a face covering while in the studio.
Level 1 meets on Tuesdays.
Winter: January 7 – March 28
Spring: March 31 – June 20
Please note, due to "Shelter in Place", Spring session will start June 2nd, missed classes will be scheduled at your convenience.
June 21 - July 6 2020 classes available for make-ups or intensives.
No class July 4th, in observance of US Independence Day.
Summer: July 7 – September 26
Fall: September 29 – December 19
Our program consists of predetermined projects. All students begin in Level 1 regardless of past experience. Below is a list of all projects taught and concepts learned.
- Pattern Making + Saddle Stitching + Edge Finishing
- Card Case: 1 Point of Symmetry
- Checkbook Cover or Notebook Cover: Reinforcement Project + Embossed Initials (optional)
- Billfold Wallet: 2 Points of Symmetry
- Eyeglass Case: Covered Snap
- Zip Pouch: Zipper on Mould
- Tray: Leather Cutout + Appliqué + Corner Stitching
Please note, our program is an "at your own pace" program. The amount of pieces created by the end of an intensive will depend solely on the individual student and are not guaranteed. If student does need additional time to complete projects the days will be charged at the prorated amount.
Please click here to review our cancellation and refund policies.