What you will learn by level:
Every new student must start the ALA Program at Level 1
To ensure a comprehensive understanding of our pattern-making methods, terminology, and foundational skills for future levels, all students begin their journey with our Level 1, regardless of prior experience. If a student does have prior leather working knowledge and skills, this helps them get through the projects quicker.
- Pattern Making + Saddle Stitching + Edge Finishing
- Card Case: 1 Point of Symmetry
- Checkbook Cover or Notebook Cover: Reinforcement Project + Embossed Initials (optional)
- Billfold Wallet: 2 Points of Symmetry
- Eyeglass Case: Covered Snap
- Zip Pouch: Zipper on Mould
- Tray: Leather Cutout + Appliqué + Corner Stitching
- Envelope Clutch: 3-Sided Gusset
- Card Wallet w/ Zip Pocket: 3-Sided Gusset + Pocket Placement
- Clutch: 2-Sided Gusset + Flat Pocket + Magnetic Closure + Batting + Shaping
- Tote (started): 3-Sided Gusset + Handle Attachment + Zip Pocket + Gusseted Pocket.
- Tote (finished): 3-Sided Gusset + Flat Handles + Handle Attachment + Zip Pocket + Gusseted Pocket
- Cube: Hand Skiving
- Card Case: Hand Skiving Reinforcement Exercise
- Structured Bag (started): 2-Sided Gusset + Round Handles + Structured Bottom + Purse Feet + Flap Closure
- Structured Bag (finished): 2-Sided Gusset + Round Handles + Structured Bottom + Purse Feet + Flap Closure
- Machine Stitched Tote: Drop-in Lining + Double Stitched Seam + Binding + Piping
- Machine Skiver: Splitting Leather + Skiving Leather
- Card Case: Machine Splitting + Machine Skiving Reinforcement Project
View the Projects
Start the ALA Program now!